24 Jul 2011
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
- Which is worse, failing or never trying?
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Because we are preoccupied with looking for money to do the things we like; we end up spending it elsewhere.
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
I have done more than I said in the past 6 months alone. I’m safe.
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
To allow others to be right for a change.
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Working at an ice-cream stand at the beach.
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I love what I’m doing and that’s that.
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Excel in school, start business earlier in life, and not waste my youth.
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I could not control it 4 years ago, but I’m in full control of it today.
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I worry all the time, for better or for worse.
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
I have defended my friends before, even those I wasn’t close with. I think we face this daily, directly or indirectly.
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Don’t listen to anybody who says that you cannot make it.
- Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Yes, I would.
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Flash mobs are all the rage these days, ya?
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
Sip from a straw.
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
We are all born different.
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Travel. I don’t have the time for it (yet).
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
No. I’ve let go of everything that has held me back or weighed me down.
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
I have already moved. Where I come from, they emphasize on academics and economy and disregard creativity and talent.
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
I push the elevator button once with my knuckle because everybody else’s fingers/hands have been there.
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
I like the stress of being smart. There’s no bliss in ignorance if it lingers in our mind.
- Why are you, you?
I am the result of joyous folks, influenced by happy people, sad movies and music.
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
No. I could do more and I haven’t.
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
The latter has taken place. A good friend who moves away is worse.
- What are you most grateful for?
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Never make new ones. I’ll base my future on my colourful past.
- Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
Yes. We can see truths in our own perspectives simply to shut ourselves up.
- Has your greatest fear ever come true?
Drowning? Left at sea? Highly unlikely.
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
Yes, it shaped all of my music.
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
Riding on my sister’s bicycle and exploring my neighbourhood. It was special because nobody would let me. I sang out loud while speeding downhill. Nobody knew.
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
Yes, when I quit smoking recently.
- If not now, then when?
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
Yes. Although I feel guilty if she thinks I’m bored or she’s boring me.
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Because the love of power overrides the love for a person.
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Yes. Conspiracy theories, aside.
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
No, I’d work even harder.
- Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work, anytime.
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Yes. Hungry and nervous for tonight’s show.
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
July 2006. Left Singapore to be in Kuala Lumpur.
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
It’s like working in a candy shop and not see that it’s a happy place.
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
There’s no such thing. You do it on the fly.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
The last time hurt so much.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Swim without a t-shirt on.
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
In Azlan Abu Hassan’s awesome air-tight studio before recording.
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
Visuals and graphic design. Yes, I’ve become the Creative Consultant of PlayPause
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
I keep a journal.
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I’m a mix of both. I like to think I call the shots, but I always always always ask for 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinion.
Taken from 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind. Try it.